View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Scoobie Noobie

unkn0wn at standard level

Yeah that's the guy I got it off, sounded like he got pretty close to re-licencing it but ran out of cash.
He took the W2A cooler of it, put a v1-2 A-A cooler on it the day i went to look. After he did the change it had constant high idle and engine check light....but it would go away as soon as the car was on boost....i took his word that it was fine before and bought it...it seemed to go pretty hard on the drive home, but I haven't driven it since.

The error is Idle control and AFM, in the last play i had with it i replace alot of crappy vac lines and the breather lines..one of which had big crack in it.
I went to put the IC back on to see if fixing the lines fixed the error, but the IC has a crack on the turbo join and i made it worse being a subaru noob trying to put it back on.
So ive orderd a replacement joiner and when im home next im gong to change that over and hope it idles fine and has no error lights.

he did give me a brief run-down on its owners history, sounds like the old girl has had a few owners in recent times! i dare say, ill be the last owner of this....cars we take to the farm don't have a long shelf life.

cheers for the note re the sunroof, i wouldn't have known...ill take a better look at it when i get home. what is a fair price for it, given its condition?

Last edited by unkn0wn; 02-11-2014 at 02:57 PM.