Thread: Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 07:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Satie12 at standard level

Update..

-checked my oil level little past the 'F' on the dipstick. Hasn't reached the notch for over filled.

-check my AFM one side was considerably dirty so sprayed it with contact cleaner.

-checked the coils they seem to be fine and in place, however 3 out of 4 coils/plugs only have one bolt holding them in.. Whether or not that's going to make a difference? Also one side of the motor where the coil/plugs are is considerably dirty and greasy around the plug/coil tops.

-checked and had a brief look at exhaust system whether or not I have any holes which could be changing the exhuast note.. Couldn't see any holes, will have a better look.

-vaccum lines seem to be all in tack, couldn't find any splits, blow off valve line was fine, going to have a better look when I take the Tmic off.

I'm picking up a stock blow off valve in the next couple of days and going to try that, cause my current BOV is releasing heaps of pressure on such low RPM which is a little unusual. Going to see if the BOV is knacked.

Could it possibly be my spark plugs making it run really sour? Not 100% sure but thought it could be worth trying and seeing what condition their in?

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app