View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Sir AntiLag

lachy294 at standard level

So, the motor is back in and running! The car now has:
Grp N engine mounts
Competiton Clutch
Samco coolant hoses (doesnt fit overly nicely )
ARP headstuds
Gasket Kit
Standard STi Head gaskets

So we managed to get the motor back in the weekend before the cruise and it was turning over and just wouldn't start. Turned out the injectors weren't getting the pulse to fire so no start. After some tracking we worked out it was alarm related and i have had a similar issue before we took the motor out, so it was time for the Brant to leave and we have put a Cyclops alarm thanks to Steve at Dynamco.

But we managed to rip the Brant out completely for the weekend so i could take it for a drive. The other thing that we finally ripped off the car was vortex generator that was liquid nailed and silicon on but its destroyed the paint on the roof and Simon had a bunch of vinyl wrap laying around.

We decided that well wrap the roof... and we got a bit carried away and mucked around with what he had laying around, which ended up being the scheme that was on the car on Sunday.

The car ran faultlessly on Sunday, was happy to get on boost and go. The clutch is so much nicer that what was previously in there. Now just to get the R-comps on and do some track work which is what I originally bought the car for..

Cheers