View Single Post
Old 29-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Perth WRX RSS Post Engine

rss.feed at standard level
Post Long Term: 2015 Subaru WRX: Road trip to Maine [w/video]

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Subaru, Long-Term Garage

After driving one of the best sport compacts on the market to one of the best-driving-roads states in the Union, who'd have thought that one of my big takeaways would be... great fuel economy?

And yet, after putting more than 2,200 miles on our long-term 2015 Subaru WRX, driving from Ann Arbor, MI, to The Great State of Maine and back, my overall fuel consumption figures were almost as baffling as the premium-gasoline prices throughout Canada.

In the early part of the now-past autumn, my wife Molly and I were happy to make use of the long-term WRX for our annual road trip from Michigan to Maine. Our goal, as ever, was to fit as much hiking, boating and lobster eating as we could into a one-week span. And, with the sporting Scoobie as our ride this time, I also hoped to spend time bombing down some of my favorite roads through the White Mountains.

Anyone that pays attention to the industry knows that New England is a hot spot for Subaru sales, but it turns out that the WRX is just about tailor made for enjoying the best of Maine, too.Continue reading 2015 Subaru WRX: Road trip to Maine [w/video]

2015 Subaru WRX: Road trip to Maine [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...