Thread: 2015 STi
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:21 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
I just got out of a $90k HSV and was looking at a used $90-100k Audi when I thought stuff it.
If I'm going to loose 50% of a car's value say over 3 years then I'd rather loose 50% of $50k than 100k.
Hence I pick up my new WRX tomorrow and will still have fun and enjoy it just as much.
Just my opinion.
With the money left over I'm considering something like a 1958 Belair that won't devalue like a modern car
I was in the same boat as you...I didn't want to spend around $100k on a car either and really really wanted to love the new Sti but I just couldn't. No matter how many times I test drove it, it just didn't give me the thrill that a turbocharged engine used to. I also tried telling myself that the interior wasn't that cheap looking or the shape wasn't that much of a lancer and that spending only $60k will leave me an extra $40k to spend on something else but at the end of the day, I just had to buy something that made me happy and hence the HSV.

Congrats on your WRX though..I never test drove the new rex so it may be a completely different ride altogether..as long as it makes you happy...well done!