Thread: Lug nut colour
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2015, 10:20 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Why do you need other people to make a choice for you? They are wheel nuts. It's not like someone will see you drive past and think 'shit. That car would look so much better if it had gun metal wheel nuts not shadow chrome'

Because they are the most trivial of things. Wheel nuts. A good way to blow $180 on a pointless addition. But buy whatever colour you think you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On your point of a good way to blow $180, its not really that pointless. The ones currently on are pretty rusted and rounded. 1 of the locking nuts was so threaded I needed to smash a socket over it just to get it off, not to mention the old threads. So I need a new set anyway. Considering wheels are the only point of contact to the road, I'd rather mine stay on.

Secondly, I had 8 hours to kill before I could order so I figured hey wonder if there's some ridiculous perth-wrx unspoken & unwritten law about wheel nuts (amongst the other cult-like opinions).

But apparently the first rule about wheel nut colour, is don't talk about wheel nut colour.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."