View Single Post
Old 22-01-2015, 04:15 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury888 View Post
not sure what that is. But looks like you have an my02 sti. What have you done with yours?
hey mate, my driveway thread is here. mine only has light mods but has a JDM ej207 in it.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-dri...8-got-bug.html

I actually blew my engine a couple of months ago and was in a similar situation to you. I however had a limited budget so I purchased a JDM EJ207 long motor and installed it myself. This was the cheapest option for me, I was looking at $5k for a rebuild (perth prices must be higher). I had the option at the time of grabbing the twin scroll turbo (VF37) and exhaust manifold with the motor (standard JDM hardware for this MY) but I had to pass as it would have cost an extra $2k or so. So i reused by VF35.

FYI Twin scroll basically means it starts building boost much much lower in the rev range due to the design, so the power tap turns 'on' a lot earlier. Have a google and maybe watch some youtube videos on it. The reason I suggested it is because you mentioned the 207 not being powerful off boost which I find the case as well. HTH.