View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SPECRDAN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Do you want to get to the track/tuning sessions or just for road use / purely for looks?

If the latter a decent set of springs to drop it a bit.

Otherwise it gets more complicated. You can do a spring/damper combination to customise your setup a bit. Otherwise you can get a set of coilvers. Obviously can do height/camber/stiffness with them easily, but you will need to research what ones best suit you.

There are some cheap/nasty ones, some good, decent and awesome ones. All with varying costs, trade off's and benefits.

Some coilover options:

MCA Suspension | The official website of MCA Suspension
Standard Suspension | High quality Suspension Systems

I have a set of HSD HR's which are significantly harsher that stock, great at the track, not so great day-to-day on our roads.

Going from stock suspension to coilovers, coilovers are pretty awesome and if you love your handling you will not be disappointed with the upgrade if you can find a happy medium type coilover. I think the STD's are pretty comfortable.

Pay attention to the spring rates of the coilovers, each WRX chassis is different obviously, but there are preferred spring rates front/rear which will have a bearing on how harsh the ride is.

Woah, thanks for the great info. I'm not really thinking of going to the track to be honest, just plan to do a few visual mods before starting with the performance side of things. Sounds like coilovers are good bet as far as ride comfort and quality goes. Was thinking just some springs but I don't want to go half measures even if I am only doing it to make it sit a little nicer and look a little better. Don't really want to spend the earth either as it is purely just for aesthetics but on the other hand don't want to cheap out and get a shit set. I'll have a look for some mid - higher range coilovers. I'm guessing as far as spring rate goes I should be looking for a medium not too hard, not too soft set up? Thanks heaps mate.