View Single Post
Old 27-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

rexmang at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Set the AFR's first! 11.0:1 at peak boost (peak torque) dropping to 10.5:1 above 6000rpm for safety, 14.5:1 - 15.0:1 at low throttle cruise (off boost), 13.8:1 at idle.

Ignition timing - start with the PFC base map - check that the knock index is below 30 when running the base map. If not reduce the timing in the cells that are knocking by 3 degrees before doing anything else. advance the high load cells by 1 degree at a time until you have a knock spike to 40 - then reduce the timing by 2 degrees (or more) until you see a maximum knock index of 30 again.

This is the timing map of my current PFC tune (ignore the fuel map on the left it is for 440cc injectors):

I run 1.6bar of boost on these timings so it should be a good place to start with your Ej20g.
Sorry Rossco, that's not the best advice, relying on the stock aggressive ignition map and stock 15 year old knock sensor to tune ignition timing? Perfect way to end up with a blown engine.

There is no need to go to 10.5:1 afr for 'safety'. 11.0 till redline is more than sufficient with most turbos when in their effiecient range and timing set right. Why 13.8 afr for idle ? Non avcs ej's are happy with 14.7-15 same as cruise. Most tuners including myself, find 38 deg cruise gives best economy, you find 44-46??

Your maps could use a lot of work in terms of smooth transitions between cells.
Hope this doesn't sound blunt, just voicing my thoughts.