View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Anita at standard level
Default Forester Headlights and Powersteering

Hey Guys,

I have had a NUMBER of issues with my 2005 Subaru Forester over the last year it has cost me over $8,000. Has caused a major headache and am at the point where I need someone's advice on a good mechanic as I feel I am getting nowhere with where I have been taking it and this morning he was really rude to me over the phone, customer service was appalling, I need a mechanic I can trust and isn't pissed off that I have called to get work done (after all I am giving them business).

First issue been now both headlights are out, police were going to issue me with a work order last night. I have had the bulbs replaced recently and was down to one but now they are both out again, there is moisture in the headlights and I don't think its a bulb issue anymore (full beam lights both still working). The mechanic I am currently going to has advised me the owner before me has converted the headlights to HID hence they are so expensive and he's advised me my best option would be to go to a wreckers and get 2 replacement headlights and convert them back to standard?. He did mention that one of them may have had a ballast issue.

Secondly I have been waiting over 2 months to hear back in regards to a price for a power steering pump (currently have no power steering) he was trying to call in a favour from someone he know at Subaru as originally he said the pump alone will cost $1,200.

Really unsure where to go from here any suggestions would be much appreciated I need to get these issues sorted urgently.