View Single Post
Old 20-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Prepare for a significant spend of coin over a long period of time if you are committing to it, trust me on this. My 6 speed conversion alone, cost about $6k done fairly properly, R180 rear, diff, 6 speed fly & clutch etc. Let alone the Brembo's f/r (new rims to clear them too), fancy rotors, pads, coilovers, suspension bits, turbo, exhaust, tune, defi cluster, sti steering wheel, on and on and on .. and on. For the price of these cars now, I can assure you, you will drop the price of the car into it + more to convert it, and then some.

When your dropping that kind of coin into it, make no mistake, you won't get any of it back. You're doing it purely for yourself and because you want to.

As badass as it looks, I recommend you lose the tint on the tail lights to avoid a yellow which would be fast approaching.

Having mainly converted my MY01 bugeye to an STI, it's a fairly long and costly project. All I have really is a the 207 short motor. I am just waiting for the 205 to say no more, so I can build a short engine. Problem is I maintain it too well, so it just keeps going.

Good luck if you can see it through though. If you can't or are uncertain, sell it and buy a worked STI straight up. If you want to build it how you want, then proceed.

This is my build thread, might help you and save you some pain. Yes, I am still modifying it.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-dri...01-wrx-**.html

Last edited by RichX; 20-04-2015 at 09:12 PM.