Thread: 07 sti
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Didnt see the post dude. But yeh the temptation was too great.

Ok so i have since half install a wide-band sensor and LED gauge. I have just received a steering column surround which i will be building the LED display into so hopefully in the next couple of weeks i can provide some pics of the custom install.

i also found a used 2006 ej255 short block. Story is has 60k on it and was removed from a wrx wagon as the owner install a forged option. Has abit of shit in the water galleries which will require abit of elbow grease to remove. Plan is to build it myself in the shed slowly for a target of about 350whp or their abouts.

Finally got around the completely stripping it apart which was a great experience. Bores are in perfect condition, and none of the pistons have any broken rings or damage. So far so good.

Now this where things get interesting. With the block stripped i noticed this scoring which was obviously somehow done by the crank. When i look at the crank closely i cant see any damage. And when i drop the crank in the block half it has nice amounts of clearance from the block where the scores are located. I havnt had a chance to do any measuring but could anyone shed some light on possible issues? As far as im aware the bearings look to be in good condition etc.

Factory burr, thanks subi.