View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Hey Neil,

Is the diff you mention here similar to the torsen in my 10'STi or are they completely different in feel/performance?

Technically speaking. The terms '1 way', '1.5 way' and '2 way' can only be used to describe a clutch/plated LSD.

A plated mechanical LSD is a pretty aggressive diff. I have a Cusco RS 1.5w set to max lock and max preload, and its tight. Its a massive step up from a VLSD. It feels real good round corners, but makes the car quite tail happy. But its fairly 'predictable', when it wants to step out. (Having a spec C quickrack really helps here, when it wants to go, you can get a bit of correction in real easily). Even though its supposed to be a 1.5w, you can still really feel it under decel too. Probs because i have it set up at max inside.

I actually have an 06 sti plated r180 in the shed, and my current diff started life as an 07 torsen. But i never even tried either of the stock STi LSDs. I just went straight to the Cusco when i swapped the drivetrain. So i cant compare directly.

Last edited by Bram; 07-06-2015 at 08:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bram For This Useful Post:
nick73 (07-06-2015)