Thread: Header Wrap
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Just off Ebay. Distributor over East. It's a Grimmspeed up-pipe from CMA.

DEI wrap | eBay

The up-pipe I have is ceramic coated, but wrapped it as well. Get a mixture of lengths of stainless ties as longer is better than shorter as they are a bit of a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob92 View Post
Where did you get that rich? I need to do my dump boiled my clutch fluid at RAC Sunday turned the pedal to a spounge

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
How certain are you the fluid was boiled? I thought the same thing, and I think it's my clutch. I can repeat the problem after a few minutes of driving. What are your symptoms?? Mine are i get a really spongey clutch pedal. Only seem to happen around and beyond 6k rpm. All other rev ranges, it's fine.

Still seems to engage OK, but feels really weird like something is wrong. I don't know enough about it all, but figure it could be:

- Clutch itself somehow
- Slave Cyl
- Master Cyl
- Rebleed?

I'm gonna drop the box and have a look soon. I think a launch may have attributed to this somehow. Seems like others have had this issue. I have a clutch that Doug put in recently with my 6 speed.

Quote:
Today, and a few other times in the past, when i shift out of second at high rpms, the clutch will get kind of spongy. WHat I mean by that is that there is a litle bit of play where there is no resistance before the pedle becomes firm again. if I put it in N and pop the clutch a few times it goes away.....clutch fluid?

Last edited by RichX; 08-06-2015 at 07:13 PM.