View Single Post
Old 15-06-2015, 09:26 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Spot on Nauli. My STi came with receipts for a build back in 2011. Brand new STi short motor installed. It's lasted roughly 3 years and has only done about 75kms since then. The work was carried out at Subaru Wangara. This build included OEM head gaskets and ARP studs. Not long after that the car spent time on the Dyno at Maximum Motorsport. Hence why I think I should go down the Cosworth route. This may prove to be a safer/stronger option with the Cosworth Head Gaskets and Studs. I'm just going by readings/findings.

Now with what you have just said Nauli. It just just reinforces me to try a different option from OEM head gaskets and ARP studs. Btw what ARP studs did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Make that 2...my old '06 STI lifted its head (and it was only 216 KW ATW)...rebuild was done with ARP studs (and STI head gaskets) and the car was fine for at least 3 years after....
Darken's sounds like exactly what mine did...after the initial issue there was no overheating etc....pulling the engine down will also allow a ringland check...

Last edited by Darken; 15-06-2015 at 09:27 AM.