View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:12 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

This is an open forum. Knowledge is learnt through reading on other peoples experiences and mistakes. Personally I wouldn't be just reading comments on this forum. I'd extend it out to the American sites aswell. It's a shame Rexnet isn't still about aswell.

Now, if everyone PM's you, what do the majority learn from this? Nothing!!! Plus you will most likely get harassed by mulitiple people instead you could just bullet point the pro and cons you have learnt through experience! Save you alot of PM's. Then it's open to all that want to read what you have to say or they can just dismiss it.

From my experience the ARP2000 headstuds failed due to stretching. My STi isn't no 500hp monster but it is slightly more powerful than a stock STi rolling off the showroom floor. Now, I wouldn't be putting together another engine if the head studs werent decent to start with.

On that note alot of young guys will screw more boost into their new engines so why not let them know that ARP2000's arent probably the best option. Hence why I'm purchasing something that can handle a little more power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
If someone wants help they are welcome to PM me and I'd rather sit down with them and give them some advice as plenty have already .

If you know what you're doing you should know that there are better alternatives to be had . If you don't save your money pay someone that does know and ask if you can be included in the build process .

A lot cheaper then taking advice from the Internet and you learn the correct way without wasting money on shit you don't need or doesn't do the job.

Way too much bad advice given on the interwebs IMHO. You learn from doing , but best to eliminate the learning from mistakes by doing it right the first time.

Sent from under my Dok Dok