View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Knowledge is Learnt through practice knowing of something and knowing how to do it are two different things .

Such as if you're going to say something is stretched have evidence such as before torque and at torque lengths and height . Show me how these have stretched beyond their tolerance .

If you're ones did stretch they either were not torqued to specs or you bought the wrong studs for your application ie people will wind more boost in .
What head gaskets did you use . What order were the heads torqued , did you use factory or ARP Instructions . Did you use ARP assembly lubricant . Was your machine work done correctly. Did you make sure the stud holes were completely clean and free of debris .

How much experience have you had I've only been working with Subarus for 20 odd yrs .

I definitely use forums for information but not Knowledge . I have real life experience for knowledge .

And fucking LOL at getting correct info from a forum when people with the experience , get ignored and people do exactly what the failures have posted .

For a fact I have built at least 15 odd long motors with ARP 2000 head studs with that have seen 18 to 21 psi, on up to TD06 turbos without an issue. That have been driven for years without an issue making over 300 ATW .

If you wanted to future proof your engine yes you could use better studs but the build to be future mod proof would be far from mild .

I don't give a fuck how many PMs I get I'm happy to help and if I don't know I won't dribble bullshit I will send you to someone that does. Because there is a wealth of knowledge out there that people will never share on the Internet they will show you.

Sent from under my Dok Dok

Last edited by amtrapid; 04-07-2015 at 12:48 PM.