Thread: RJ's STi
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post
See on the MSR dyno that the turbo ramps in more progressively. Would this be something to do with a bigger inlet or just a three port BCS etc. you would notice the slight boost at low rpm in everyday driving.
I've got a 3port bcs but the big difference here is that I'm running the stock STi airbox so this turbo isn't breathing as much as in the msr or other graphs. I don't really want to move away from the stock box for now until I can afford a pwest CAI. Adding a CAI in will bring torque on earlier and lots more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
but the numbers just don't make sense for all the work? :/ I was expecting more tbh

From the graph it looks like you lost torque and kicks in 1000rpm later :/
Yup kicks in 500 rpms later than before when overlayed...thats to do with the intake imo, running stock box.

You lads should know that I'm super happy and that it is amazingly fast, I'm hitting 110km/hr in 2nd gear and I scared myself trying to push through 4th last night as I reached nearly 170km(private rd of course) and was still at 6000rpm with the cams still having a lot more go.
Btw I'm now shifting at 7k rpm, rev limit been raised as cams allows to do so bringing power on much higher in the rev range.

So yeah that piece of paper doesn't do justice to how beast the drive is past 3800rpm with flames at gear changes when pushing

Last edited by RJ999; 10-07-2015 at 07:49 AM.