View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:42 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
If its a track purpose ask your self these questions .

What are my grip and traction limitations at the moment .
What handing balance and characteristics does the car have at the moment .

Is the bigger footprint going to have a positive or negative affect on your driving style . Its really a personal question from your point of driving as in what do you want from the experience .

For instance the size rubber I run I like because the car moves around alot but is very controllable and it puts a smile on my face, because the fun factor is there for me . But #1 for me is enjoyment not being ultra competitive. If I went wider my times would improve but It would lose the fun factor for me so I say no. Even though wide rubber looks frikkin awesome .
That is a great point. I already feel I could do with more grip. But thats probs my driving technique (or lack there of) and probably the car not set up at its optimum.

As it is now, the car tends to oversteer a bit on most of the corners at RAC, and only understeer on really tight turns etc. Its really really fun to throw it around now. Im only just getting used to it aswell, and there is probably loads of room to improve with driver and car setup first as it is.

But, im always thinking of ways to make the car more bad ass. And angry wide rubber would do that.

Last edited by Bram; 12-07-2015 at 11:46 AM.