View Single Post
Old 16-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Cool, so had all most of the hard labour completed at Platinum Automotives over the last 2 days.

Turns out the stock up pipe on the late model bugeye's (Oct 01) doesn't have a cat in the up-pipe. I replaced it anyway since I had purchased the new Grimmspeed one pictured below. Wrapped it on top of the ceramic coat it had.

The car was also suffering from the "fuel smell" in cold weather, which meant manifold off for all the fuel lines to be replaced. So this was done and painted at the same time!

We noticed that the power steering pump was on its way out too, so we attempted to replace but could not get it in time, so my old one went back in for now until it arrives.

I mentioned my clutch has been really really really shit lately on multiple levels. Took a gamble and chose not to drop the gearbox and inspect, and that seems to have paid off. I picked up a replacement clutch pedal assembly, and had it changed out.

That has entirely fixed the issue, and my clutch is now awesome, and feels sooo much easier to engage, let alone the horrible squeaking noise it made every time you put the clutch pedal in and out.

As it stands now, it's sitting at All Star with the Autronic SM4 going in as well as the new model Tuspeed EBCS. ALS, RI & LC all going on and being tuned based on MAP.

Doubt it will make much more power than it does currently, but we will see.

Cheers