View Single Post
Old 19-07-2015, 05:48 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
I ran a race seat and harness without cage or Hans. However, I fully don't recommend it!

With a cage etc, you have to ask, do you really want to race a forester? Yes it's dofferent but is that a good thing? All that extra weight up high? Having said that, there will always be people faster and more people will look at that crazy Foz over a slightly faster WRX!

I would get a cage, race seat, harness and Hans for sure!

Go see Go Gear. They have a few seats. Harnesses, Hans devices etc.

Cage, brad Stacey.
Ive come this far with the car so far Russ, its like eating the last slice of pizza. The first 7 fills you up, but you may aswell just eat the last bit so you can throw the box out.

And yes, i do want to race the forester. its what its been built for. Why stop where it is.

And i dont know what your talking about all that extra weight on a Forester? FYI. These are the kerb weights listed on redbook. As you can see. Bugger all in it. Infact a 2006 WRX wagon weighs MORE than a 2005 Forester XT..... And once you swap out body spacers and lower a forester (to where it should be), there isnt a great deal of hieght difference. CoG would not be very far from an equivelently modded WRX.

MY05 Forester XT 5spd kerb weight 1425kg
MY06 Forester XT 5spd kerb weight 1475kg
MY05 WRX 5spd Sedan kerb weight 1395kg
MY05 WRX 5spd Hatch kerb weight 1410kg
MY06 WRX 5spd Sedan kerb weight 1415kg
MY06 WRX 5spd Hatch kerb weight 1430kg
MY05 WRX STi 6spd kerb weight 1475kg
MY06 WRX STi 6spd kerb weight 1495kg

I dont want to be the fastest car out there. But there is no reason why this forester cant be competitive with similarily modded wrxs/stis. and hell even beat a few of them too.