View Single Post
Old 25-07-2015, 01:05 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

well. seats and mounts have been purchesed. subaru specific base plates purchased. omp 6 pt harness purchased.

Went to Go Gear as suggested by others. Picked up a set of OMP RS-PT seats. I really had my heart set on the style of the OMP WRC. But unfortuantly, the standard size is too tight for my child bearing hips, and the XL is way too big for me. And they dont make the WRC in an inbetween size. So i settled on a pair of the RS-PTs. these are similar price, but have a smallish wrap around head encapsulation protector. Where-as the WRCs dont. But the WRCs do have the upgrade fabric, which these dont. And to get the HTEs, which do have the upgrade fabric, was like another 200 each side. I settled on the RS-PTs as they should do the trick, and fitted me best.

I picked up a set Kyouu Subaru dspecific bases in canning vale the other day. (Wanted the Planted brand, but shipping from the states quoted at like 300USD. So, not getting them...)

I also got a 6pt OMP harness, and bolts/mounting plates etc. But I will need a harness bar made to make use of them.

I asked about using a fixed back in a cage-less car. And that should be fine. I also asked about using the new seats with a standard seat belt tomorrow (as i wont have time to get a bar made) And that should be OK.

Last edited by Bram; 25-07-2015 at 01:06 PM.