View Single Post
Old 25-07-2015, 03:36 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

test fitted the seats. the head protection means my stock seatbelts need to go in order to fit them. the upper seatbelt connection interferes with the head protector in my preferred seating position. And the deep base means the buckle is not in an ideal position. Too dangerous in my opinion to run these buckets without a harness. So im going to be running my STi seats until i can have a harness bar made.

Once made, both my JDM GRB/GVB STi Premium all leather seats will be forsale. They have already been modified to mount to GC/GD/SF/SG etc, and will not fit GR anymore. The drivers is all electric, passenger is manual. Both have seat heaters in. And they both have the SRS equipment inside. Even have a set of older model seat heater switchs aswell. (interested buyers welcome to come and inspect)

On the forester body, it looks like getting a harness bar will be a fairly straight forward affair. The bar will go across from one rear strut tower to the other. There is already solid mounting points in the front face of the rear strut tower which are meant for the rear seat upper mounts. And these will be strong enough to connect the bar to.

I reckon I could easily weld up my own bar. But in the interest of safety, this will be made by a proffesional. Brad Stacey was recommended by Go Gear. I might also talk to Russ Kap aswell, as im pretty sure he made a harness bar and he welds like deamon.