View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 04:34 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Update.

Have played with the adjustment of both the lever and the cable mounting on the gbox.
Upon testing, you can feel the gearbox/transfer case actually pulling itself out of gear and into neutral.

Stopped through Japline on my way through today (in their new workshop now) and Mick mentioned that he had seen a few of the dual range boxes with a similar issue. A common 'fix' for them was a bit of wire (think of a coat hanger) had been used to keep the mechanism from flicking into neutral. This may see me get by in the short run, but the wear of the synchros/bearings in the box will only get worse.

Will try the patch up for now, and have my eyes open for any cheap gearboxes (preferably not dual range lol) that will mate up to my existing setup.
What ratio box are you after Im pretty sure I have a spare 3.54 turbo 5 speed , the center diff had failed due to previous owner using wrong ratio rear diff. Ive already removed the rear housing with the shagged centre diff.
The box is in good condition and I have a spare rear housing with a good condition centre diff, I do have a spare 4.44 possibly as well ill have to check.

Last edited by amtrapid; 30-07-2015 at 04:36 PM.