Thread: 07 sti
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Ok so been awhile between updates. Have since done 2 of the State sprint rounds. Was pretty happy with where i have placed in both rounds. Was having alot of issue with understeer so went and saw John and have gone from -1deg front camber to -3deg and so far so good. I can turn in much later and harder without loosing the front wheels. However for the first time since owning the car i now get some lift oversteer happening which is quiet fun. I will be doing the Targa city sprint on the 16th so it was good to get the wheel alignment dialled before then, to be honest ill be happy if i complete the weekend without plowing a curb. Bitchs dont love curbs

Installed a KAP industries catch can. It is a 4 port design with drain points that i can reach from under the car. Finish is really good and it ended up being a very neat install. Running head breather and crankcase breather through the can and so far it seems to be working great. Hasn't caught a large amount of oil but the return lines are clean.

Have also been working on making my own AFR gauge pod. Wanted something that wasn't all up in your face and looked stockish. This took a fair few weeks of elbow grease, started with a cardboard template which i made a mold from to what you seen now. So far so good, does what the box says.

Also finally after a year of waiting patiently i managed to get my hands on a set of ganador mirrors.

And one just because.

TL;DR i did some races and put some parts on.

Last edited by Tony; 31-07-2015 at 10:15 AM.