View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Scoobie Noobie

whiterabbitrexy at standard level
Default engine block coolant flush

Hi guys i wana do a engine block flush not a radiator flush on my 1998 wrx impreza gc8 ej20 turbo engine ....well I will do I radiator flush but I want to focus mainly on a block flush because of my turbo is letting oil residual sludge in my coolant system

Steps I'll do
Take cap off reservoir tank
Undo bottom right hose, wait for radiator to empty
Take coolant line off turbo (not the one coming from the reservoir tank, the other one that is coming from the left side cylinder head )
Remove thermostat
Stick a garden hose into this line, and it will flush through the motor etc. Give it a few mins.
Stick the garden hose into the reservoir tank, this will flush the radiator
Put bottom right hose back on
Connect turbo coolant hose going to the left side cylinder head...

Now fill up coolant system with 50/50 water/coolant
Squeeze the bottom right hose to burp up any air....square the top left hose going into my radiator to burb up any remaining air.....leave it to sit for 1 hole night.... Let all little remaining air make its way up to the reservoir.... And then start the car with reservoir cap off....let the thermofan come on 4 times at least and let the system run a few times to get any more remain air traped inside.....

Also forgot to add when connecting bottom right radiator hose to put thermostat back in lol
Reason I'm running the garden hose through turbo coolant line hose is to flush engine block.... And reason why I run garden hose into reservoir tank is to do radiator flush.... This way if i do them separately.... The sludge / crap dosnt get clogged up into my radiator