View Single Post
Old 20-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

superpuoz at standard level

Hi Guys! Just an update on this car...... can't believe it's been close to 3 months and I've now put through about 5000km since then. Have not done any more mechanically, with the exception of 1) getting the wrong MAF from eBay (which put the car through limp mode with CEL on), then re-cleaning the old MAF and putting it back on (the car ran great, no more stalling when the clutch is depressed, running very strong on boost - only running at 10psi (MMS advised the car is running really low boost at the time of the clutch change) but still hesitating throughout the rev range - on occasion and early morning start is still a pain in the bum - it revs hunts like nuts). 2) cleaning out a couple of the electrical contacts to the battery.

What I've been doing more is with the bodywork. I've pretty much straighten out all the bumpers (when I got it, believe it or not they didn't put the bumpers up correctly). Painted the back bumper, detailed the car inside - out (on the same day I painted the bumper, wrong move!) and with the exception of the whole right side (a lot of car park dents) the car is pretty much brilliant. Absolutely lots of love.... so much so, for the first time, I feel I can finally put up a picture of it.

So what's next:
1) I will be ringing Stuart at Dentcraft to see what he can pull out of the right hand side dents.
2) I have been recently to see a Subaru workshop to see if I can get a brand new MAF, was advised that the MAF wasn't the issue and that due to the modifications of the car (from what I can see and what I can tell a. FMIC b. CAI (with a cheap SAAS POD) c. bigger turbo (no idea what) d. fuel pumps changed (no idea to what). The car is actually running the STOCK ECU which has not been tuned, the WS believed that the reason for all the problem I have is because of the tune is not set up for the modification that is currently on, so I've decided to get it tuned now. (I am thinking PowerFC at this stage)
3) Cleaning out engine bay - previous owner must have some serious audio power, they took out everything, but now cables are everywhere (need to clean this out)
4) I am thinking of changing the FMIC back to TMIC, however, was advised by MMS that by doing this, I will have a big gaping hole in the front of the bumper, so I am thinking of changing this to the Process West FMIC, as the current FMIC must have been sourced from eBay and one of the biggest fault is the fact that the piping is very close to the battery terminal and is really a sparking hazard.... (doing it more for OH&S than anything else)...

So, hopefully, one day, this thing will be good and dandy, at this stage, I just love this car, hesitation and all. It has found a place in my garage (the Mrs's car is outside) can't wait to get it tuned...... after the tune, I am just going to run it, until it's broken and then go from there... (after all the engine has now done 210k) :P

Sorry for the long post guys! Thought I would share an update.

Last edited by superpuoz; 20-09-2015 at 10:09 PM.