Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2015, 11:58 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post
How much was the sheet hot product in order to wrap that much stuff? I am guessing it isn't cheap.

I need to make a turbine heat shield or at least cut the old one clear.
all up i used 3 sheets. and i would of had maybe just enough to do a turbo shield left over if i was very carefull with my measurements and cutting.

The gold stuff was the DCI Sheet Hot XT Ultimate. (1100c) And the new stuff i went with the DCI Sheet Hot XT 5000. (1000c) Both are suitable to be used on turbo headers and turbos etc. Its not cheap. But it seams like the best option ive seen yet. Ive had multiple parts ceramic coated. (at CIC peformance and other mobs over east and pre coated on pipes/turbos from the US) Ive used wrap. (magma wrap and titanium wrap). Ive used blankets (like the perrin exhaust/turbo blankets.) and ive used the Sheet hot. And in my opinion, the Sheet is the best. Because all the others are either ineffective or fall apart or can potentially soak up oil and then burn. Even my perrin turbo blanket has began to disintergrate.

With my new turbo, i didnt get the coated turbine housing option either as i think its a bit of a gimmick. My beatrush engine mounts, radiator fan shroud and wiring under the radiator and even the wheel arch liners where they go close to the headers all melted when i ran a set of ELH with just ceramic coating. it was the coating that comes with headers sold by PSR. I bought them second hand on ozfoz already coated. That coating seams crappier than the stuff CIC do.

Last edited by Bram; 29-09-2015 at 12:24 PM.