View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Why did it take a month to tell us?
As I wanted to be sure and the first couple of times I thought it could the car's fuel tank or something...also didn't want to say anything without proof and without talking to the station owner first. Test was done by filling up at ozzy park where it read 70 and going straight to gnangara to fill up again where it brought the Ethanol content to 80% on the same day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by type25 View Post
Not necessarily the case;

There is always the possibility that some muppet fuel tanker driver pumped fuel other than E85 into the tank.
Yeah you're on the money here, they have had their tank cleaned in the first week september where their e85 pump was offline for a few days, I believe that was the result of some muppet doing exactly that...the owner wouldn't say why...

Rossco - do you have an Ethanol Content Analyzer? Test was done with a friend's car that has a Zeitronix ECA.
I had noticed that my car wouldn't feel as good when filling up at osborne park sometimes so we decided to test it.

Jacob Ayres - if you reading this maybe you should go get a reading from your ECA at ozzy park when you get a chance next to see what you get.

Last edited by RJ999; 01-10-2015 at 01:32 PM.