View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Scoobie Noobie

NOOBZ at standard level

MAJOR UPDATE

Ok, so after aome in eatigating upon thw engine, due to trying to figure out why the EJ20 rocker cover gasket had 2 holes (for the coil to spark bolts), when mine only have 1 (lucky i didnt open the cover nor bought that gasket kit - $200 would-of-been later for nothing.
It has come to my attention that I am actually running the 93-96 EJ20G :-)
WINNING!!!!!
Now i know, for 2k that my otherhalf bought it for, was a complete steal, for only a $30 radiator blockage drillout, $450 bendix ultimate pads!!!

No more trying to figure out what gaskets ill need, nor trying to find original engine aftermarket parts, when, knowing now, that the parts i won't, will fit easy as Pi and easier to source :-D

Current troubles:

1. At times when changing from 1st to 2nd, theres a slight nitch that i keep hitting (as if i have to move it ~1mm to the right) before it will get into 2nd.
Is this a common thing?
What can i do to be able to shift straight down?

2. Recently, its started lagging/struggling when on full boost (10psi), would that be fuel pump (unknown, but have started being able to hear it), fuel filter, MAF, or leak in CAI (currently, just sitting on last notch of the plastic turbo connector, due to previous owner, f@$/ing sticky taping it together under a rubber reducer)?
Any suggestions?

Never did it before....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk