Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 05:39 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post
It must be quite a relief and a joy to have boost coming in earlier than expected. Since it is a GTX wheel you may find that its efficiency comes into play at higher pressure ratios.

Your turbo gives me hope for mine too.

You can swap to speed density or hybrid MAF/map with romraider.
Its technically not a GTX wheel. it is a custom Blouch billet wheel, it is a different shape to a GTX. Its shape is alot closer to a GT wheel, except made of a CNCd forged billet. (comparing google image searchs, no actual hard data on that statement).

If you look at a GTX wheel, it has more blades and they are all the same size, where as if you look at a Blouch wheel, it has a set of big blades, with a set if small blades between them, more closely resembling a GT wheel. So the DOM 2.5 is basically a stock location billet wheel version of the GT-3071R and NOT a stock location GTX3071R. From my limited understanding, the GTXs are better suited at high boost and maybe not quite as good at lower boost. (yes splitting hairs i know)

Ive said it before, and ill say it again. Im not going to do a hack job rom raider tune. Last time i did that my pistons turned to liquid. If it was a street car that did maybe one 3rd gear pull down a freeway onramp every once in a while, them maybe it could get you out of trouble. But given the car is aiming for race car where it will see hard use for a few laps at a time, i want reliability not cheapness, so im not doing that. I dont want to tune remote/email styles. The stock ECU isnt meant to be MAF-less, and making one might be possible, but its not what i would consider smart. The other issue is TMIC heatsoak from extended boosting. So that is where the need for a IAT post cooler comes into play.