View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:34 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Hit and run is more when something happens on a road, while traffic is in motion. That's my poor attempt to describe it, versus a knock-and-leave-the-area in a car park.

Go to crashreport.com.au and make a report, but car park crashes aren't investigated so it will be written off. However, by making a report on the website a report number will be generated, and you then have the option to make an insurance claim (as the insurance company will ask for a report number).

So, car park crashes aren't investigated (unless there is allegations of drink driving or reckless driving), and since the damage is only a number plate to the value of $35 to replace (I believe?), the whole thing wont go anywhere.

I can totally understand how f**cking frustrating it is. Crashes are only looked into when some serious shit has happened. Damage over $3000, someone is pissed or driving reckless, or when there is serious injury to a person. Why - I suspect its because there are too many road users, too much traffic, and too many crashes happening all over the joint, that resources just got tied up and bogged down with it all. (that's my own theory). But I digress....