View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
With witnesses it's hit n run which is an offence. Report to police, report to insurance.

Meg went through the equivalent years ago on Broadway, Nedlands. Arrogant wanker touch parked, she saw it occur. Told guy when he got out of car. His statement was "you have a nice car and are obviously insured ..." then refused to give details.

Fuck arseholes like that.
I thought it was a grey area in regards to hit and run as Matt has clarified below.

Gutted as It happened 5 minutes before I got back to the car.

It's just a pain in the arse to say the least. Means I have to pay ($243 - acrylic custom plate fee) then waste the better part of a day waiting to collect the plate from the licensing centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Hit and run is more when something happens on a road, while traffic is in motion. That's my poor attempt to describe it, versus a knock-and-leave-the-area in a car park.

Go to crashreport.com.au and make a report, but car park crashes aren't investigated so it will be written off. However, by making a report on the website a report number will be generated, and you then have the option to make an insurance claim (as the insurance company will ask for a report number).

So, car park crashes aren't investigated (unless there is allegations of drink driving or reckless driving), and since the damage is only a number plate to the value of $35 to replace (I believe?), the whole thing wont go anywhere.

Annoyingly $243 for a new plate - custom acrylic.

I can totally understand how f**cking frustrating it is. Crashes are only looked into when some serious shit has happened. Damage over $3000, someone is pissed or driving reckless, or when there is serious injury to a person. Why - I suspect its because there are too many road users, too much traffic, and too many crashes happening all over the joint, that resources just got tied up and bogged down with it all. (that's my own theory). But I digress....
Thanks for the clarification.

My excess isn't enough to justify a $300 repair. Just the fuck around of getting it sorted and inconsiderate Cunts who have no regard or respect.

Sigh...

using the Perth-WRX mobile app