View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
Bumping an old thread
I've noticed I get fuel surge in my bugeye with anything less than half a tank. When i pin it on a right hander i get sudden loss of power then a pop then everything is back to normal. really annoying and i'm sure it can't be good for the internals.

are there any solutions cheaper than $1200 for a PW anti surge kit? what are my options.
Cheers
i use a radium fst-r in my forester. mounted behind front left driveshaft up against the floor/firewall.

i use the original hardlines into and out of the can. (good because its literally a 15cm run of hose from the hardline to the can.) then from the can a short run to filter, then on to rails. the fstr is a fuel reg aswell. so it means there is no return from fuel rails back to can. (dead head) so you are significantly reducing the hose runs and points of failure. i use speedflow 200 hose and fittings because e85. and the fuel hose routing of the fstr vs conventional saved me about $300 in hose and fittings. (you can get the radium cans in conventional layout too. i just like the idea of reduced plumbing.)

i have a walbro 450 ethanol pump installed in the can. but you can configure the cans with virtually any combo of intank pump (including twin pumps) or even have them with external pumps aswell.

by the time youve bought the can, hose,fittings, pump and fabbed a bracket, youd probs be up around the 1-1.2k mark i think.