View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Nick, yes that is the typical spot to get fuel surge...when you go around Kolb then exit up the hill onto the main straight g forces will push the fuel in the tank to the left and your pump will suck up air which will reach the engine just as you get to the top of the hill.
The solution is to run at least 1/2 a tank at Barbagallo....you can get away with less at RAC since the cornering g forces aren't as high....or get an STI pump with an inbuilt mini surge pot (I had one but sold it a month or so ago)....or get an external surge pot with an additional pump....and I just happen to have one for sale!
Nauli my model has the oem in-tank swirl pot but I still reckon it was surge as it wasn't happening earlier in the night when I had more fuel on board. Just wanted to know if it was a typical spot for it to happen. Thanks mate I was shitting bricks when it happened...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRecardo View Post
The information may be of no use to you Nick, but I was getting stuttering and coughing on boost in 5th gear at racewars with a quarter of a tank. Filled up with 20L and it was gone. Sounds like surge to me.
Hey Jack I guess running e85 with higher demand has it's drawbacks sometimes.

Cheers.