Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2015, 08:29 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Driveshaft Shop 800hp rear shafts ordered. Since i broke a standard STi rear axle bar recently, on 235 tyres at the drags. i figure launching on 295s will be alot more likely to brake em. Black friday sale saved me about $150aud off standard pricing. still not as good as when aud=usd but better than nothing. 1200hps would be sex. but fark paying over 2k usd. plus post, then having to buy and press bearings ontop of that.

Also ordered some Swift Racing Springs 9kg/mm 200mm x 70mm coilover springs from japan. It seams my MonoFlexs have had 'comfort' springs installed by the previous owner. They currently have 7kg fronts and 5kg rears. The 7kg fronts probably arent too bad, but im certain the 5kg rears are too soft and allowing excessive travel during cornering, and too soft to match the 22mm rear bar properly. So ill put 9kgs in the front, and put the 7kgs in the rear and see how that goes with the new tyres/wheels next year. Original Monos should have 9kg fronts and 6kg rears i believe. i do also have some left over 6kg and 5kg springs in the old coils too.