Thread: Dan's XT
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by garst View Post
Also think you're right about tuning days, money isn't really a good enough excuse not to get out there, I'll be looking onto it in the new year.
Yeah it really is cheap fun and you can run as much (or little) as you want so there is no pressure to be out there every opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
When you talk about the lines turning white, that seems normal? Mine do it too, it just rubs off? Dunno what it is. If you're replacing the hoses look for good silicone stuff, and use worm drive clamps where there is high pressure - Looks like you have already in you pics.
Wipes straight off, a lot of Subaru owners I have spoken to have the same problem on at least one section of coolant line. Will try to replace as much as possible with quality black silicone hosing and reuse the worm clamps where possible.

How is your PERRIN blanket and sheild working to keep the heat away from the clutch / brakes / TMIC? I think the heat was killing my brakes / clutch feel throughout the day. The stock heat shield over the 20G rear housing doesn't cover it very well...

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 19-12-2015 at 10:16 PM.