Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015, 09:01 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
Mate the Nissan calipers that Nauli was talking about are the same as the Subaru suitomo 2 pots .
Nauli or Type25? Are you sure he was talking about the sumitomo 2 pots? Im sure he said brembos? Maybe he was reffering to Nissans that went from Sumitomo 2 pots to STi Brembos? Do you know if it would be possible to go to Nissan Brembos? They have an even bigger piston at 40mm. (4mm larger diameter than STi Brembos. And nearly 2mm more than Sumitomos?)
Quote:

The nissan 4 pots are also identical to the subaru 4 pots just different name put on them . Yes they do use a slightly bigger disc but use exactly the same pads as Subaru .
So your saying the base model GT Skyline and base model WRX Sumitomos are EXACTLY the same? Ie every aspect of the calipers, as far mounting, offset etc is the same? If they are identical and interchangeable in that reguard. Then it would mean the slightly different rotor sizes would be possible due to where the calipers mounts are on the knuckle/backing plate relative to the hub. And not different due to where the lug mounts are on the caliper side of the things? Can you confirm this point?

Quote:

So the rears you need are Subaru 2 pots which will bolt straight on . Or the Nissan ones . They cost the same I've researched it and thought about buying some Nissan rears and painting them a plain colour for use on Subarus If they were cheaper ,but they go for the same price so no point doing it .
In going to the Sumitomo 2 pots, what do i do about discs? They would require the matching discs correct? But arent the WRX discs matched to a 170mm park brake? My car has STi hubs/backing plates with the 190mm park brake. I think maybe the 99/00 GC STi RAs had R180 rears with 190mm park brakes, but with those calipers? (Correct me if im wrong here) But then i also have 5x114.3 PCD. So i would need discs to suit those calipers, but with 190mm park brake and with 5x114.3 or have to re-drill 5x100s. Alot of dicking about for a relatively small caliper piston change. (Plus also a slightly smaller diameter disc aswell which is a downgrade in that reguard)

Quote:

So the Nissan and Subaru rear factory suitomo 2 pots have pistons that are identical . Yes they are bigger pistons then the brembos . Ive had the nissan and the Subaru ones apart and measured . But the nissans do use a slightly larger rear disc with that caliper compared to the Subarus .

Maybe try the Nissan project MU formula D spec pads on the rear if you get the subaru calipers as they will fit . Thats what Im using in my Subaru 2 pots with they Hydro setup
Yes ive considered getting the Pmu Drift pads (for the STi brembos). Pretty cheap aswell compared to the STi drum brake versions atleast.

Last edited by Bram; 23-12-2015 at 09:31 PM.