Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2015, 12:48 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Can I please throw in an uneducated comment/question?

Why not just throw on a set of 4 pot calipers, and skip the whole 2 pot thing? ie: a set of 4 pot fronts from 99/00 WRX
Because the hydraulic hand brake is connected to the rear wheels.

We are discussing easy upgrades for the rear calipers/brakes. 4 pots wont mount on the rear backing plates. Even if they did, they wont match the rear Biot 3 piece rotors i currently have. And even if they did, front brakes have ALOT more piston area than rears. Which would be good for HB, but very bad for the foot brakes. The possibility of using Nissan 2 pots is interesting because it sounds like they may be a direct replacement for the smaller piston'd Brembo 2 pots. And allow me to use the Brembo size rotors i have already have spent good money on.

Because the rear calipers are for the hydraulic handbrake AND the regular foot brake, i cannot go too big as that would terribly upset the balance of the brakes. And i dont have a triple cylinder pedal box with balnce bar to properly adjust for too large rear piston size.

If the Nissan 2 pots fit, then that is a pretty economical upgrade from Brembos for the rear.

Last edited by Bram; 31-12-2015 at 06:08 PM.