Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2016, 02:02 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Re : Nissan brakes on a Subaru.

Managed to test this today with an R32 GTR Sumitomo caliper. 100% confirmed as not fitting on the rear of a Subaru with Sti Brembo rotors. The mounting holes line up. The offset is damn near perfect, maybe 1mm off center of the caliper (probs more to do with the rotor being slightly thicker). But the 316mm rotor is too big. Caliper need about 3-5mm longer legs or maybe a rotor that is 5-10mm smaller diameter.

Given those measurements, and the fact that the GTR Brembos only take a 3mm bigger disc than the GTR Sumitomos. I would assume even the GTR Brembos would foul on an STi 316mm rotor. I think you could fit an STi caliper to a GTR (with a small amount of pad overhang), but i dont think you can fit a GTR caliper to an STi. (unless you look at smaller rotor options.)

Perhaps the R34 GTR with the 322mm Brembos would fit a Subaru. Although i suspect it would have some pretty hefty overhang with the 316mm rotor.

I guess thats why you never hear of it being done. Because it aint a straight swap.
type25 (14-01-2016)