Thread: Hydrolocked :(
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level

Good news. All authorised for repair. Very relieved to say the least! Never had to do a claim before. Haven't viewed the quote myself just yet but it is over 10k.

Spoke with RAC, the assessor is going to give me a call tomorrow in regards to my options about who I would prefer the repairer be as I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed I do have a say in the matter.

Keeping in mind their plans are to just remove the engine and send long motor to perth not the whole car, motor to be rebuilt to OEM specs only. Not going the route of forgies...too much of a fuck around trailering the car to Perth and getting it re-tuned and it would shit me not going further with it and adding this and this... Simply don't have the time or patience with work/family commitments taking up the majority of my days.

I'm sure a good 99% of Perth workshops could bolt together a decent OEM spec 257 but, any further advice/info/opinions on experiences etc would be great. Feel free to shoot me a PM to keep thread clean.

Ta

Last edited by shaunus; 01-02-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Updated