Thread: Hydrolocked :(
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
^hehe

Good luck with the repairs Shaun, I reckon you would be mad not to do a mild forging of the motor while it's out.

You have all the other supporting mods to go with a built motor already.
I know in the long run it may be a case of "why didn't I just do it then and there" however,

Got two shops doing up quotes for me atm. As I think I said earlier (can't remember and cbf checking), one wants to go forged considering the mods I have and the other wants to use a new oem short block, have the heads done with the addition of upgraded head studs and few other bits and pieces oh and a re-tune!

Either way, I know what I'll be left with will satisfy my needs for now. As much as I would love the idea of having a forged bottom end I just don't think I need it for what I use the car for.

The hardest part is going to be tomorrow when I submit the quote to the RAC assessor and when the guy who did the first quote and who is holding my car realises there's no $$$ in it for him....awkward haha!

The support and wealth of knowledge provided by both Perth shops I have been speaking with has truly been extraordinary. There's no confusion, no unanswered questions and no BS!

Now, all I need to do is prove to the RAC that it is essential for the car to be transferred to and from Perth in order to have the job done to the highest level of quality, thoroughness and to ensure it has some sort of warranty!

He didn't seem to keen about footing the bill for it but fuck it, I don't want any corners cut and both the Perth workshops have stated they are not comfortable building the motor and having someone else install it. For 12k I want the best bang for buck and that means the car needs to be put on a truck and transported to Perth, I know I wont be happy any other way.

Thoughts?

Keep applying pressure?

I think in the end I will just have ........... contact them and he can have a chat with the assessor to clear any confusion.

Wish me luck.

Last edited by shaunus; 03-02-2016 at 09:33 PM.