View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

VUSSUTE at standard level
Default TMIC draw through thermo fan

Ok guys, this might sound like a dumb idea at first, but please read the whole thing.

So, from previous posts, you would know im doing a build to aim for 400whp in my GC8. Now I am set on one thing. I do not want a front mount and thats the limiting thing at the moment, that I would like to retain the Process west TMIC.
Im wondering, my GU Patrol has a TMIC that has a thermo fan underneath it with a shroud, to draw air in and through the intercooler when the car is at low speed. I did some measurements and had a look at the room I had to play with. I used to be a fabricator so Im good at shaping metal. I feel I can easily make a shroud to sit under the intercooler with a large, high volume thermo fant nestled within it. This would draw large amounts of cool air through the intercooler, which would help to keep the intake temps down at low speed and when sitting idle in traffic (it effective makes the intercooler appear to the system to be larger than it is). I could have the fan connected to a relay run by a switch in the cabin.

Im wondering if anyone has tried this before? I know i could "Just get a front mount" but I really dont want to cut portions of the front bumper and also dont want the attention that a front mount brings. Its just a thought at the moment but im interested in hearing your ideas.

In saying all this, the Thermofan on the inter-cooler on my 4wd really brings down the intake temps, especially at low speed, so they definitely work.

Not fast enough dammit!

Last edited by VUSSUTE; 10-02-2016 at 09:43 PM.