View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

yeahnah at standard level

^^^ there's a problem with that though, imo it again comes back to false speedo readings.
There are those that will always go less than the speed limit and stay in left lane but then there are those who believe they are doing the speed limit and those that are actually doing the real (gps) speed limit.
I find when im doing the actual speed limit, very few cars push up behind going faster.
But because of the inaccurate speedo specifications there are 3 distinct speed groups instead of 2 and this is a significant contribution to our traffic chaos.
Moving left on a busy freeway increases the exposure to risk significantly, i regularly see dangerous situations when people move left out of courtesy only to cut in front of another car.
If we had accurate speedos or everyone used a gps there would be a huge decrease in lane changing simply because someone doing the actual speed limit pushes up behind someone doing false speedo reading speed limit. With accurate speedos or gps those two groups would be travelling in unison in a much safer manner.
If someone is doing the actual speed limit, im more than happy to follow behind and i think most people would feel the same.
Inaccurate speedos are dangerous and imo cause traffic hazards and congestion.
I'd actually like the gov to charge a one off extra $100 or so on everyone's rego and supply each vehicle with a gps for accurate speed determination.
I reckon this would contribute significantly to reducing congestion, driver aggression and risk.