View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

GTLeggy at standard level

As others have pointed out(in detail lol) the issue with the top mount isn't just cooling airflow...its actually restrictive at well below 400whp, ie lots of pressure drop, something a good size front mount solves

As for Water Meth injection, i have done extensive testing with it in subaru's and also turbo charged v8's, at the level where it makes a significant difference you'll be using 50/50 water meth at least so the meth acts as an octane boost and you'll be pumping a great deal into the engine....somewhere well in excess of 15% of your total fuel load, thats a big tank for water meth. Also most kits are crude so in effect you'll be pouring the stuff in at the wrong time to get in at the right time ! Unless you shell out for something like a direct port aquamist system which is very pricey !

The yanks seriously need to put the pipe down when quoting gains of WMI, in the real world its more of a skecthy bandaid way of controlling det and when it works it needs serious safety systems to be used all the time. I don't know where you got your info Dan but Methanol is a seriously corrosive thing to your engine...and it dry's more that lubricates.

With the existence of E85 WMI is a mute point, don't even go there.