View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 11:53 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

I like the idea to be honest, on a near 40 degree day sitting at traffic lights the amount of heat soak will be more than you think, and if you have ever ridden a bike in this temp you will know that you need to be above 65kph to feel any form of cooling (my Ducati Diavel is 100% proof of this) now given that if you give it the beans then 1st gear will be near on shooting flames out of the turbo that are not being cooled at all....

one could argue that there would be a restriction by the fan behind the top mount but how much difference is there to the restrictions behind a front mount (air con and radiator and maybe even a thermo fan) so it might not be a lot...

I think it would make a big difference on very hot days, and i can't see it hurting anything....

Give it a go, worse comes to worse you will be starting 2nd gear with a heat advantage in the cooler, but i would guess by the time you break 120+kph it would be no benefit at all

EDIT: before anyone jumps up me about the 65kph before cooling thing i stand by this, the air is so thin on 40+ days that the car is relying on thermo's to manage the heat (assuming its a still day) on days like this i ride with an open (ish) helmet and i can ride with no real wind in my face or eyes watering up to this speed no problem, infact my face doesn't start cooling until well past this point...

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Last edited by fatboy; 12-02-2016 at 11:58 AM.