Thread: Future of PWRX
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2016, 08:39 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

The other problem is participation . The first track day skidpan that was organised this year had a piss poor turn out with Lachy and me spruking the fuck out of it to get numbers.

Some of the feedback from people wanting to do it was a bloody joke . complaining about the price and one even asking if they had to pay. Half the people that wanted it didn't even bother .

The P-wrx, club sprint participation at MC is still on . There will be another track day organised very soon and I've organised another run for 16th of April at night starting at Alfreds Kitchen . The first Run I organised this year was well received and had a good strong turn out .

Im still going to organise track days or test and tunes at least every couple of months . But a Collie event would be great . There are lots of issues and cost with the Collie event that may make it numbers up front and pay up front be fore we even look at booking . Previous organisers have had to front the money themselves making it painful.

What Dan had done is great and hopefully it may increase some numbers . The more we have the easier it is to do more events . The main thing is this isnt a club Its not affiliated with Cams . WRX Club has always been the place for that but again Alex and others affiliated put events up we are invited to and they really need to be supported. Im able to do alot of organising at the moment due to my injury and being at home . Once im working again more people need to stand up and help with these things if they want them.

Lachy has other commitments as do I , David and others . We all need to support and come together regularly if you want more events. The suggestion of a bbq once a month at Dougies is a great idea or elsewhere each month but a regular sit down and chat is the only way to organise and move forward . This whole forum started that way . it doesn't have to be a run every time . just a sit down a feed some beverages and communicate every 4-6 weeks .
The Following User Says Thank You to amtrapid For This Useful Post:
Dan [GTI] (18-03-2016)