View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 12:44 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Thought I would cross post this update from evo-oz if anybody is interested in following. If not welcomed just let me know

Installed a COP kit as I had a small misfire in the top end and figured this was better than replacing any coil packs with oem replacements. Put the wiring together myself which took a few hours as it's the first time I've attempted any real wiring for a car. A better tool kit might have made the job easier too :P Excuse the phone pics, didn't have my camera on me. Will have to get some better pictures at a later date now that the wiring is tidied up and sleeved.

Next up my new plates arrived 'JDM V'. A touch wanky perhaps, but I feel it's a nice touch. I've never been a fan of the state issued plates and always wanted to get some black ones.

Also got hold of a set of Evo 8 MR BBS wheels and threw on some Hankook Z221 rubber in 225/45/17.

With all that done an open spot popped up for Sunday at the RAC track so I decided to take it for a whirl. I only got a basic alignment (which turned out to just be front toe adjust) so it was less than ideal but I had fun none the less. The small high rpm misfire decided to come back too so I had to limit rpms to 5000 so I could have a couple of runs. Was great fun though, and a very different drive to the WRX I was used to driving.

Ended up with a best of 1:06.6 on the day recording times with racechrono. Less than a second slower than my old WRX that had about 100hp more atw, was set up better, and I had more seat time in. Looking forward to seeing what it will do with some more seat time and mods as time goes on.