View Single Post
Old 23-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Scoobie Noobie

newtosubi at standard level
Default Refusing to go into gear

Hey guys so I've been having an issue for about a week or two. When I start the car I can never get first gear anymore since I bought the car over a year now reverse has always crunched unless you hold the clutch for like 10 seconds. Nowadays it crunches regardless only 1/10 times holding clutch will help. The main problem is first never goes in first time if I drive for maybe 15-20mins then first will work. This is complete stop from second to first neutral to first whatever first will not go in. I tried pumping clutch really fast and slow like 10 times. I have been using second to take off. Gearbox oil and all diff has been changed 8000km ago roughly. If there is anything I'm missing let me know

Edit: I should mention when cold 2/3/4/5 all work but when putting it in it goes click click no sound but you feel it go in 2 segments. Pedal is stiff so didnt think it was master or slave. All gears go in when engine off clutch reservoir is full, clutch engage is really low lower than any car I've ever driven maybe 1cm off the ground. I originally thought it might be shift link because of such low engagement and clutch travels about 15cm (back and down not directly down) have not had a chance to check condition of bushes and the linkages.
using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Last edited by newtosubi; 23-03-2016 at 04:48 PM.