Thread: The Gong
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

sad update.

Engine blown.

Ill try describe scenario to stop onslaught of questions.
Car wasn't happy on new setup for starters. was getting occasional CEL's after changing turbo/inj/tune.. OBD was saying it was saying it was having problems with the solenoid (stock). i was recommended messing with the restrictor pill either crushing or drilling but the fact he was not sure what way to go with it i didnt want to mess with it. and damned if i could find it in the lines! so we bypassed the solenoid and ran it off wastegate until i sorted a solenoid or boost controller. car has been running like this for a fair while now and hasnt missed a beat. mechanically the car still seemed as healthy as the day i got it.
car cruise, 200k's round. week old oil, same stuff for years. levels checked obviously.. had mate and club president in the car with me.. i had a few too many beers and let him drive home. hes pulled 6th back to 3rd at a considerable speed by mistake. motor revved pretty wild.. i shrugged we continued. about 5 mins later someone has blown a hose of so we pulled over, is when i noticed the death knock. drove short distance and it was getting worse so we pulled over and had a mate come trailer it. mate offered to pay repairs but just settled on some cash towards repairs as i wasnt happy with im forking it all. car off to perth asap to be pulled apart, diagnosed and take it from there.
Probably gonna give it a bit of a tickle while its open too if my budget allows.
regardless im fixing it and going to make it better than before.